Little sniff

Lucy and I have been adjusting to our new home in Nashville, and I took the time one afternoon to snap some photos of her, just hanging out.

It’s funny how a year and a half can change so much. When I took her home from the pound in July 2008, she wanted nothing to do with nature when it was raining. She would refuse to walk out the door, or, if we made it down the stairs, she would look up at me with sad eyes, turn around, then drag me back up to our apartment.

(She doesn’t like having her photo made. True story.)

It snowed this past weekend, and Lucy surprised us all by playing and WANTING to go out in the cold! No, seriously. I wasn’t sure how she would take the precipitation until we walked out the door. She took a few steps, slid, steadied herself, then kept walking like a trooper. When we made it to the little grassy area at our condo, she immediately started digging in the snow, sticking her nose to the ground the entire time, then tossing her nose (and all the snow on top of it) into the air, spinning in a circle.

The only thing I wish is that I had taken some photos of her out in the elements and that we had a backyard so we could have played more while the snow lasted.

Share on: FacebookTwitterPinterestE-mail
  • February 3, 2010 - 6:54 am

Her - I love these pictures just about as much as I love the two of you! Definitely do get some of her in the elements some time!ReplyCancel

• February 3, 2010 - 2:48 pm

SoMi's Nilsa - I think SoMi and Lucy would get along brilliantly. Both rescue dogs. Both hate having their photos taken (must stem from photos that the rescue organizations took to help get them adopted!). Both hate the rain (SoMi used to jump over puddles, that's how much she hated it). And both LOVE the snow. Your Lucy is really so very adorable.ReplyCancel

• February 3, 2010 - 3:48 pm

AMinDinMoTown - She's a very, very cute pup. That's for sure. And I love that you used the phrase “photo made.” Ha.ReplyCancel

• February 4, 2010 - 2:14 am

Erin - Aww, you're too sweet! I'm so glad to hear you love the photos AND us!
    (That makes me feel so special.)

I'll let you know whenever we get the element shots. It'll be fun! And
    you'd better take some of your pups when y'all get to Boston!ReplyCancel

• February 4, 2010 - 2:15 am

Erin - Your comment totally brings a smile to my face because I honestly
    think Lucy and SoMi would be fast friends. They have TOO much in
    common not to! And your SoMi is pretty adorable, too!ReplyCancel

• February 4, 2010 - 2:16 am

Erin - Thank you, lady! And I'm glad you love that. I try to throw in that
    phrase here and there, just for fun. (:ReplyCancel

• February 4, 2010 - 7:35 pm

doniree - LUCY BELLE!ReplyCancel

• February 4, 2010 - 9:02 pm

Erin - She told me to tell you, “DONI!”ReplyCancel

• February 4, 2010 - 9:06 pm

doniree - I'd scratch her ears for that.ReplyCancel

• February 4, 2010 - 9:32 pm

Erin - And she would love you even more than she already does. A good ear
    scratch is close to heaven in her book.ReplyCancel

• February 17, 2010 - 3:35 am

Chiara - Great photos! You can really see Lucy's personality in them.ReplyCancel

• February 17, 2010 - 1:00 pm

Erin - Thank you so much! In glad you like the photos and that her
    personality shines through. It's definitely a big one!ReplyCancel

• August 25, 2010 - 9:44 am

Nike Shox TL3 - hello !i like you article on this .I think that if it was causing problems ,and i can sove it .and it was good for the environment . so I think your article was really good thank you very much .

.ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *